This program is currently only taught in Japanese.
ISHTA Yoga 500-hour Advanced Teacher Training Course
Be Yoga Japan’s 500-hour advanced teacher training course is a custom-made program consisting of workshops of your choice. Its schedule is flexible and short but intensive, so you can adjust training dates accordingly.
Program contents include Asana, philosophy, Ayurveda, anatomy, maternity, and spotting. If you register after completing the advanced training series, you will be issued a certificate for graduation from the 500-hour ISHTA Yoga teacher training course. Submit this certificate along with the Yoga Alliance documents to register as a Yoga Alliance 500-hour registered ISHTA Yoga teacher (RYT-500).
If you have received a 200-hour training from other studios, you can submit that along with the workshop certificates to register with the Yoga Alliance. (In this case, you cannot use the term, ISHTA.)
At Be Yoga Japan, we offer a Bridge Program for those who have already completed a 200-hour teacher training course. The aim is to further your understanding of ISHTA Yoga, and enable you to enjoy a more productive 300-hour advanced training experience.
By registering for this program, you will be able to register as a 500-hour registered ISHTA Yoga teacher (RYT-500).
Completion of Yoga Alliance 200-hour training program.Please note:
- In order to apply to be a registered yoga teacher at the 500-hour level with Yoga Alliance (RYT-500), you will need at least 100 hours of teaching experience.
- Please make sure you have at least 100 hours of teaching experience before applying for the advanced series program.
- If you are a returning student to the advanced training program, there is a discount so please let us know.
- If you have completed a 200-hour teacher training course at another school, you will need to attend 10 or more ISHTA classes and the Bridge Program.
Below are the hours necessary for the Be Yoga Japan 500-hour training program. (Total of 500+ hours)
|Technical:||Be Yoga Japan ISHTA 200 hr + 101.5 hr|
|Teaching Methodology:||Be Yoga Japan ISHTA 200 hr + 17 hr|
|Anatomy/Physiology:||Be Yoga Japan ISHTA 200 hr + 31.5 hr|
|Philosophy/Theory:||Be Yoga Japan ISHTA 200 hr + 29 hr|
|Practice:||Be Yoga Japan ISHTA 200 hr + 99 hr|
|Self-study:||Be Yoga Japan ISHTA 200 hr + 30 hr|
Irregular (the schedule will be uploaded onto the website accordingly)
Be Yoga Japan, 4F ORE Hiroo Building, 5-10-26 Minami-azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo
See Google Map
- Asana series (total of 5 sessions)
- Meditation (Chakras, Yoga Nidra, Sankalpa Meditation, Banda, Mudra, etc.)
- Ayurveda, Dosha
- Sequence exercises, instructor exercises
Varies by each workshop, please check on the website along with the dates and other details.
We will send you instructions after registering for each workshop.
We will send you details after registering for each workshop.
Included in Fee
Manual, (Class free pass for a certain period), tuition, certification fee, etc.
* You will need to register for Yoga Alliance by yourself after finishing a course.
Please be aware that the registration fee is not included above. Please see www.yogaalliance.org for more details on Yoga Alliance registration.
- Completion of Yoga Alliance 200-hour teacher training course
- 100+ hours of teaching experience after finishing the training course
How to Register
Please enter your information above and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you the official registration sheet and payment instructions via e-mail.
- In case your email is mistakenly picked up by our spam filter, please write “500-hour Teacher Training Course Registration” in English as the subject.
- If you do not receive a registration sheet or payment instructions after a week, please call us on 03-6277-0177. Please be aware that at this point, the registration is not complete.
- Sometimes you won’t be able to receive a reply via a cellphone email address. Please use a PC e-mail address if possible.
Please include the following with your registration email:
- Full name
- E-mail address (PC address only)
- Phone number
- Be Yoga Japan tag number (when you purchase a 4-session or 10-session coupon ticket, you will be issued a tag card. The number can be found on the back of the card.)
- Yoga experience
- Copy of 200-hour completion certificate
- Details of your 100+ hours of teaching experience
- Application form
- You may submit your registration via e-mail or directly at the Be Yoga Japan studio.
- Please make the payment before the deadline via bank transfer or directly at the Be Yoga Japan studio.
- If we cannot confirm payment on the deadline, your registration will be cancelled, so please be careful. As soon as your payment is confirmed, we will send you the schedule and details on course contents.
We look forward to serving you,
Be Yoga Japan Staff
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Which workshops’s credit will count towards advanced training?
A. Training schedule will be uploaded on the website accordingly. Advanced training workshop programs will be listed with a label (i.e. Advanced Training, ATT) so you can identify them.
Q. Is there a deadline/time limit?
A. No. Please take the courses you need at your own speed.
Q. I have not graduated from the Be Yoga Japan 200-hour teacher training course. Is that okay?
A. There are many types of Yoga and all different kinds of teachers. We believe it is ideal that you find the Yoga that fits you and teach it. At our studio, we have an advanced training course for ISHTA Yoga. For those with a 200-hour experience at other studios, attending the 10 sessions of our Bridge Program is mandatory. There, you will learn ISHTA Yoga regular class, philosophy, meditation, respiration, Ayurveda, and other basics.
Q. I see there are both Japanese and foreign instructors. What language will the course be taught in?
A. When foreign instructors teach in English, there will be interpretation into Japanese provided. When Japanese instructors teach, unless specified otherwise, there will be no interpretation into English provided.
Q. How do I register with the Yoga Alliance?
A. Please check the Yoga Alliance website for details.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us via email@example.com.